Sunday, January 10, 2010

Time, I've finally found you!

I am more than pathetic in posting. Wow. Well, maybe not entirely. I do subscribe to a once a month rule and it's coming up on just a month... Anyways.

Things are . . . meh plus. What do I mean? Well, my oldest grandmother is dying. I mean, like in a matter of days or maybe hours. I am currently in transit back from Oklahoma, a state I was in for a less than 30 hours, and already know that I will be back on a plane no later than the end of the week for her funeral. So . . that stinks but at the same time is the best possible thing for my Grandma. And I've had lots of time on planes to prepare myself, gather my thoughts and while I was there, spend quality time with her and say goodbye. That's the meh.

Flash back 2 weeks ago and 2010 was looking like it was getting off to a fabulous start. We had 2 houses we were about to make an offer on. Then house #1's agent told us they were firm on the price (even though all comps indicated he was asking $25K too much), plus the loan we have doesn't allow us to put any offers on houses that are flips (the 90-day rule). So we can't put an offer on that baby till February. We're adopting a "if you love it set it free" mentality and hope that in February it's still available and the seller comes to his senses about the price. Not looking good on either front. Then house #2 accepted an offer it had pending (but for some ridiculous reason allowed us to see the house, claiming they were taking "backup" offers--no such thing exists, but whatever). So we're back to square one, but at least we know there are houses out there that we love and are looking forward to making our own in 2010. The other plus: M's Captain upgrade should now be on the fast track--his company just got word that the final legal hurdle has been cleared. Finally, my search for a new job is also going very well.

Then Grandma had a massive stroke.

So, here I sit, waiting for my flight in Denver, pretty well caught up on work, and finally with time to post. Hello time! I actually scored a bit more since I volunteered to give up my seat for a free flight (since I'm going back to Oklahoma in the very near future). So, back to uploading pics from the holidays... another item off my to-do list.

I hope your 2010 brings lots of joy and less sadness . . .

2 comments:

Miss E. said...

I'm sorry. My grandma died in November.

Good luck on the house.

Its been a long time...hope you are well...and a happy belated birthday.

lucky_girl said...

Thanks E2! I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother too... seems to be a lot of that going around. you're the 2nd friend who has told me of a lost grandparent since i lost my grandma.