Monday, March 22, 2010

Tick tock

The countdown is really on now. 4 more days until we move into our new house. Really?! O mi god. But thankfully the packing is well under control, utilities and junk are mostly moved/canceled/set up, the emergency Sears run for a fridge and washing machine is taken care of. Come to mama you gorgeous stainless steel, French door, bottom freezer lovely! (How could I not have noticed in all the docs and walk-throughs that a fridge is not included?! Hello!)

In 5 more days, I'll never have to spend another night in this god forsaken house. I'll never have to hear the "clink" from weirdo-behind-our-house's chain link fence and dread that he'll be walking by my kitchen window and peering in to see if we're in here. M will never have to drag his (as well as our) trash cans out to the curb. In 5 days I'll never have to look at my dumb landlord ever again, worry that he'll drive up and want to wash his Porsche in my driveway, or worry that psycho-behind-us will come out of his rat hole while E and I are playing in the yard. All of that will be OVER! FOREVER!!!

And yes, while the commute down to the Bay for 2 days per week will royally suck, it will pass. I will get a new job and/or make it work in another way.

This past weekend we enjoyed the lovely Saturday with our closest mom/dad/kid friends at a BBQ in our honor. The host presented us with a handmade scrapbook she made of all of the memories with us and the kids and each mom wrote a personal message within. I cried when I read it. It does make me sad that we won't be here daily with the special people in our lives here. But my excitement at having a place to call home, really home, is overwhelming. E will now have a place he *belongs* and will remember all throughout his childhood. We are now able to give him everything we wanted--a safe home, good schools, a great neighborhood filled with families like ours, and hopefully, LOADS of memories.

So, while the *extreme* stress of closing on the house, inspections, escrow, blah blah blah and packing everything up, while at the same time trying to do our full time jobs as well as we can AND take care of our favorite toddler, has been . . . taxing, to say the least, it will all most definitely be WORTH it when we get into our new home THIS SATURDAY!

YAY!!

No comments: