Monday, June 8, 2009

I, for one, am looking forward to consistency

in daycare that is. E starts daycare July 1st and unlike other moms and dads, I am looking forward to it. We just averted a child care crisis for tomorrow afternoon because we had nowhere to take E for 3 hours. 3 stinkin' hours. Our babysitter is in Croatia. My go-to stay-at-home mom friend is on vacation, my other SAH mom friend was unreachable. My only other option was to ask my mom to come down a day early... which meant she'd be here Mon-Friday. Need I say more?

Thank god, L's mom saved the day and said she could take him for 3 hours tomorrow. I am eternally grateful and look forward to the day I can be her savior (for day care) as well. Not sure when that'll happen... maybe when she goes back to work?

Nonetheless, I am grateful for good *good* friends who step up when we have no one else and am very excited to see how the consistency of professional daycare will make our lives easier (or at least more manageable).

That is all!

No comments: