Thursday, August 14, 2008

Has a week already gone by?

This week is flying by, which is wierd because each day is basically the same as the one before: nap, pump, feed Elliott, run around frantically trying to get stuff done. To add to the mix, this week we discovered our cats had fleas (ICK, I know!) and I've got the worst case of hives I've ever had in my life. Sweet. So in addition to running back and forth to the hospital on no sleep, I had to schedule a time for Fleabusters to come over and bomb the house before Elliott comes home, then arrange for the housecleaner to come over and clean everything up so that none of the bug dust, etc is left behind and try to figure out a way to deal with my constant itchiness.

I should post a pic of what these hives look like, because they are vicious. First it was just on my stomach/trunk area and boobs (perfect for nursing and pumping, btw). But it has since travelled to my ears, face, back, legs, hands and arms (among other places that shall remain nameless). Luckily, I am so busy with all the other stuff that I don't have time to think about how itchy I am. I just try to remember to take my Benadryl and have my benadryl spray and cortisone cream with me at all times. UGH.

In other news: Elliott is coming home TOMORROW-YAY! We are both so relieved and excited (and a bit nervous) for him to come home. In many ways it will be much easier to deal with all of this craziness at home, not having to drive back and forth to the hospital. Although we are SO glad Elliott is here now and doing so well, I wouldn't wish a preemie on anyone. It's unbelievably draining, both emotionally and physically, and it definitely won't be less worrisome when we go home. My good friend who had twins at about 35 weeks understands completely what this is all about--so it was great to talk to her about it. Having a preemie is whole other experience than having a full termer. Nevertheless, I am glad we are almost done at the hospital! I can't wait to get into a normal routine with him and integrating him into our new life.

Finally, congratulations to our good friends W&J who just welcomed their own baby boy into the world on Aug 13th! We are so happy for them and are looking forward to having the boys meet each other soon.

Cheers! Have a great weekend!

No comments: