Monday, August 11, 2008

I should be napping, but I'm not . . .

So I decided to post a quick update. Elliott is doing great and I've been told that the plan is for him to come home Friday. YAY!!!! I cannot even begin to describe how happy that makes me. For many reasons, but a big one is that I am SO. SICK. of the hospital. It's incredibly difficult to be productive or effective at anything else in life when I am constantly shuttling back and forth between the hospital and home every 3 hours. I know it could be a lot worse, so thank god it's not.

Elliott is doing great! He's gained 25g for the last two days, after a record 40g in one day. He now weighs more than he did at birth, so he's on his way/ He's continuing to eat well, do his business and not have any apnea episodes. We'll do the car seat test later in the week (they put him in the car seat for an hour to make sure he continues to breath normally), M and I will watch a CPR video and one other thing E must do (it escapes me at the moment) to go home.

M also went back to work today, so I am on my own until Friday. I made a huge list of to-do's now that I am *supposed* to have more time on my hands. Uh, not so much. I find myself still running frantically from home to hospital after Elliott's lunch feeding, then falling asleep with him on my chest in the nursery. So apparently my to-do list will take some more time to get through than I originally anticipated.

One thing I can't do, which I'd love to, is work out! So far not much of the baby weight has "fallen" off as others have told me it would. Just a mere 9 lbs. So I'd love to be able to work out for that reason as well as the fact that my muscles are atrophying each day I'm not doing much. Ick.

Ahh, c'est la vie for now. I'm looking forward to Elliott coming home so we can take nice long walks as a little family.

I am happy to report, however, that I am back to enjoying wine!! Definitely not as much, since I can only drink right after I pump and not too close to the next pump session (every 3 hours). But I am very happy about that!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, you may want to try out this product - it's highly recommended by parents with preemies. It's a mat/monitor that beeps if baby "becomes absolutely still for 20 seconds and no movement whatsoever is detected." Not like you'll ever probably need it, but it provides great piece of mind -xoxo,Steph
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2970307

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll definitely check it out. -LG