Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Is it normal?

To want to drink more before you become pregnant to ward off any desire to drink lovely and amazing wine when you hopefully discover that you are?

In the last month, I have probably consumed more than I admitteldy normally do, partially on account that i *may* become pregnant sometime soon. The problem with that plan is that if I don't become pregnant before Thanksgiving, I will have consumed a sub-optimal amount of wine calories for no legitmate reason other than straight up selfishness. DAMN. You really can't win in this situation. You will feel guilty either way. The only minor consulation is that in organizing our wine closet I've realized how much great wine I will be able to drink after our (hoped for) child is born and not living off mom's post-pump & dump.

Damn. It's hard to be good. However, going to visit my Grandma and Aunt (as well as a few other relatives I've been informed want us to visit them while we're in Japan) this next week is going to be quite sobering, and I'm sure it'll be much more sobering once we arrive in the wonderful prefecture my grandmother lives in.

I will restrain from saying or writing more for fear that the five or six folks who read this blog will be offended or judge me for my wrongdoings. Rather, I will post upon our return from Japan and hopefully be knocked up by then. :-)

Is this TMI? oh well. T'was never my forte anyways.

2 comments:

The Enforcer said...

Doood...did you say "pump & dump"?!?!? EWWWWWWWWWW! ;)

Have a safe trip! Dinner when you guys get back?

lucky_girl said...

eww?

definitely dinner when we get back :-)