Friday, April 18, 2008

Holy lateness Batman!

I was thinking last night that it's been some time since I blogged, but wow, almost 18 days?! Geez. So I looked at my calendar to see what the hell I've been up to and it has been rather busy. The first week of April was crazy at work and I've been trying hard to keep up with the workouts. The second week of April started off with my 18-week ultrasound, which many (if not all) of you know resulted in us finding out the sex of our child. It's a boy!!

I think the only electronic/personal announcing I did that week was via email with the picture of him and his little thing. Which no one could see or identify. In retrospect this is a good thing because when is it *ever* appropriate to send a picture of your child's sex parts to all of your friends and family?! But people thought the profile shot of him was good, so that's all fine.

The day of the ultrasound my parents came down to spend the night with us before they flew out to Japan because last Saturday was my aunt's funeral. So they were here and then 2 days later I flew out to Japan myself to attend the funeral. Needless to say, that's all kept me away from the blogging world.

Throw in that the fact that I got sick the day after the funeral (it really reared its ugly head during dinner in Tokyo with BT, her husband and my parents) and the fact that I flew home the next day (Monday) after waking up in my grandma's house feeling like ass.... and here ya go.

Apparently when you're pregnant your immune system is depressed. So, recovering from a common cold actually takes a whole lot longer than normal. But dang, I've been sick since last Sunday (Japan) which is last Saturday here and we're now approaching the 7-day mark. I went to the doctor yesterday to try to get an inhaler to help with my "loud, dry barking cough" (doc's own words) and he just said "oh you'll be fine. Just take a throat lozenge. Even though Albuterol has no known effect on a baby in utero, we don't like to give pregnant mothers drugs if we don't have to."

Easy for you to say bud. Tell that to my baby who experiences what must feel like an earthquake and an ear-piercing barking cough every three hours throughout the night. Or my husband who is lucky enough to be able to fall asleep after I wake up the whole house each night. Or ME!! who can't get enough sleep to actually recover from this stupid cold. Doctors. Humph. What do they know?

No comments: