Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The roundup: The quick version

It's obviously been quite awhile since I last posted. No great reason other than general life chaos. Baby sick, husband sick, now I'm sick. Round 1. Now we are in phase 3 of round 2. Good times.

In other, more exciting news, E turns 1 in less than 2 weeks (!) and we're planning a big birthday bash (yay!). Although planning-wise (other than in my head) I have yet to execute some of the major items (food, booze, pinata, cake). I'm really hoping it all comes together in time. I'm also in charge of next month's (August) mom/baby gathering. But since it's the month when 90% of the kids in our group were born, we're doing a huge birthday bash in Central Park with spouses and the older kids too. I am also seriously lacking in getting in together on that front. (but it's all planned out in my head!)

So, I'm feeling a bit underprepared and annoyed that I'm on the verge of getting sick (sore throat, on the tea and vitamin train, going to bed in a few mins). The thing I hate most about being sick is that it's a colossal waste of time.

The other huge bummer? My good friend and co-worker is having her baby as I write this and I probably won't be able to see him for at least a week because I've got this darned bug. And lord knows I won't go near a newborn with anything but perfect health (do unto others as you'd want them to do unto you).

We are seriously in need of a little vacay. And luckily we have a small, teeny tiny break planned for next week in Sonoma to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary. For the actual date, we treated ourselves to an *amazing* dinner at
Dio Deka in Los Altos. I was so excited to go there as a good Greek friend told me it's her fav "Hellenic" (she said Greek, but they call themselves Hellenic cuisine) place in the Bay Area. That's a lot to live up to. But they did amazing. Every single bite was un-be-lievable. And we topped it off with a lovely bottle of 2005 Justin Isosceles Reserve (from our special shipment ordered in the midst of my pregnancy last year, major wine depravation mode). All in all, awesomeness.

We are looking forward (as long as we're both in good health and E doesn't give us any surprises) to eating equally well at R's brother's restaurant in Sonoma and partaking in some winetasting with a local.

So, here's to hoping that this cold scoots on out pretty quickly here. I mean, come on, I've got
Baby Sign class, the D family garage sale this weekend to bust out and my favorite spin class on Sunday to get to!

Cheers to all and have a great week!


No comments: