Monday, September 24, 2007

A complete 180?

First, a note about my links. I'm not savvy on blogspot, so apologies that the links to blogs i'm reading aren't great. I'll figure it out someday.

I was thinking about my first few posts, in particular the one about drinking, in contrast with recent events we've attended. I do believe we've done a complete 180. This past weekend we attended 2 drinking events (one big, one small), last weekend--2 drinking events (one big, one small), and next weekend looks like it's going to be the same. To be fair, we are doing other things as a couple besides drinking, but it's hard to break out of the mold of hanging out with your friends and having a bottle of wine (or in some instances 2 or 3). But I must admit, two Sundays in a row of pretty decent drinking have made my Mondays, as well as my recovery from this nasty cough, quite slow. The thing is, I don't see respite in the near future. Next weekend we've got a wedding, at a winery no less, and the weekend after that we head up to wine country for a harvest festival with friends.

I think after that M and my liver are going on strike. M actually loved not drinking when I was pregnant. So I think I'm going to try to preemptively head off his objections to any further drinking events on weekends by scheduling some much needed detox after Big Crush. Some yoga, running, biking and/or spinning, along with a healthy veggie & no-wine detox weekend will do us both some good. Coincidentally, the weekend I'm scheduling detox is the same weekend we have a volunteer event, so it'll good for me, M, our livers and the community. All tied up nice and neat, huh?

2 comments:

The Enforcer said...

I totally love that you're only doing the detox thing for a weekend. Gotta be realistic, huh? Hee-hee! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh for real! I'm not as optimistic as to think we could pull of a week or two like BT. Plus, with M gone during the week, it's hard to resist the temptation to chill with a glass of wine and some tivo catch-up.
-lucky_girl