Friday, September 28, 2007

Strike! Strike!

So... even though I had planned to take a break from drinking and debauchery in a couple weeks, my body decided enough was enough. I've been fighting a cold since returning from Canada (on Sept 10th people, it's almost October)... and was doing well and feeling about 95% good until attending, and drinking my way through, the Now & Zen Fest in Golden Gate Park last Sunday. (It's pretty bad when the following two things happen: [1] One needs the pictures one took while drunk to remember that one did indeed see both Joss Stone and James Blunt play and [2] A friend emails me to say that a new co-worker just introduced herself on Monday because I told the new co-worker at the bar we went to after the concert that my friend recently started at X company... and that is when I finally recall meeting said co-worker at the bar)

On Monday morning, my body went on strike. I woke up with the familiar sore throat and knew exactly what was headin' my way. Sure enough, Tuesday afternoon, on BART no less, my nose decided to empty its complete contents without a tissue in sight. Awesome. I ended up trying to inconspicuously use a Wet Wipe (antibacterial hand wipe that is indeed wet) to clear up this mess. Not good. And the rest of the week was done. I've been working through this, making only morning appointments with clients (since that's when my body decides to cooperate). Made it to the doctor again for the second time in a 10 days for more drugs. (none of that hippie shit for me, gimme the drugs). And now I feel I am legitimately on the road to recovery. This time I vow not to fall off the wagon and drink myself silly, go out late, or do anything remotely un-healthy until this damn cold is gone. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Wintermute: I hear ya, this is one nasty bugger of a cold, times two. (although the doc informs me that I've somehow got a new virus, not a crappier version of the old one). I hope you're feeling better soon too.

Till Big Crush......

1 comment:

The Enforcer said...

Thanks, chickie! I feel like death warmed over right now, but hearing that you are on the road to recovery makes me optimistic. =)
Thank the lord for college football Saturday, where one can easily consume up to 10 games on regular TV without having to get off of the couch! YAY!