Friday, November 9, 2007

Bay Oil Spill: I'm a bleeding heart, I admit it, but if you can help...

**Be warned, this is my own personal PSA**

It's no secret, I'm a die-hard animal lover. So if you are willing or able to help at all, then I urge you to let Baykeeper.org know you're interested in volunteering with the cleanup efforts after the terrible oil spill in the Bay yesterday.

www.baykeeper.org

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/11/09/BA51T8USI.DTL

I've also checked with the Oiled Wildlife Care Network, and right now it's not clear what they will need volunteers from the public for, but I'll definitely stay tuned.

http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/owcn/

Even if you can't volunteer your time, you can help track the oil spill (O'Brien's Group of Southern California at (985) 781-0804)or call OWCN if you see an injured bird (1-877-823-6926).

I love living here, so I'm hoping I can contribute to keep the Bay Area the gorgeous and amazing place it is.

No comments: