Monday, November 5, 2007

Weee!!!

Ok, this is shamefully self-promoting, egotistical, etc. But if you're reading this blog, you know me and you won't give a crap. So... weee!! I came back from Japan to find out I'm ranked #2 in my position at Company X. Yeah! If (fingers crossed) this keeps up through the end of the year, I might get a free trip to Maui on Company X for M and I. True, M and I have been to Maui many many (many) times, but never for free! Imagine that, we'll actually have reserved seats. I can bring however much crap I want. :-)

So how come I can't shake that nagging, dreadful feeling everytime I see my bosses' name pop up on my caller ID or an email from her in my inbox? I think it's because I spent too many years living in a constant state of fear at BigLaw where, as biting tongue said it best, assholes were running the show.

Now if only our Bears could have hung onto their #2 spot.... *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!

That is SO AWESOME!

YOU ARE SUCH A ROCK STAR!

I am so proud of you and glad that you get numerical evidence of your bad-assedness!

It's about time.

-bt

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

*lucky_girl