Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mission accomplished

This weekend we had planned to, and did, conquer many of the projects we had set up for the nursery. We (or more accurately M), painted the entire room, I re-purposed the dresser in there and made it appropriate for a changing table (got new drawer knobs and repaired/painted the dresser), I also painted the bookcase in there so that it can now cutely store baby books and stuff. We also managed to squeak in a quick visit to Lullaby Lane's warehouse clearance to see if we could find a dresser and crib (we didn't.)

I must say, it's pretty amazing what a coat of fresh paint does for a room. The nursery now looks much bigger and taller than it did before when it was all white/white. The pale blue walls against the white crown moulding look so great, I now want to paint all of the rooms!

We also ran over to an open house today on a property we thought looked good. It was really cute! We both liked it. But when we came back to our house, I really started thinking.... it's not so bad here. Sure, the temperature control is an issue here. But we have 2 full bedrooms plus a bonus room and a garage that can store much of our extra crap. Would I love a dishwasher? Definitely. Do we need all new windows and window frames? Yes. But, for what we can afford right now, we can't beat our location. We can walk to downtown San Mateo for dinner (or my latest fav, frozen yogurt), Trader Joe's is 1.2 miles away, Draeger's is walking distance as is my gym. And we're equidistant between the City and Palo Alto (for my job) and 6 miles to the airport (for M's job). So honestly, we can't beat it right now. It's cheap, convenient and best of all we're all moved in and settled here.

My folks are really into looking for a house for us right now. This comes second only to their new hobby of buying tons of shit for our son. (I can't emphasize that one enough). But I'm gonna have to break it to them that we aren't interested in moving before M upgrades to Captain unless we find the deal of the century with a location to boot. Unlikely at best.

So until then, we're making this little home cozy for the three of us.

2 comments:

Arvay said...

Photos! Photos!

Anonymous said...

will post photos upon request :-) -LG