Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Week 21+: He kicks!

I've been waiting for weeks to feel our son move or do anything that resembles fetal movement. Partly because I've been feeling like a beached whale and it'd be nice to have something to think about other than that fact. Partly because most all of my currently-pregnant friends had felt their babies move by now. I don't know, just because I wanted him to move! And while he had been moving on occasion, we really had to lie there quietly and concentrate for a few minutes, waiting for him to move. M finally felt him move for the first time while we were in Maui, so cool!

Today, all of a sudden, he decided to have a little party in there. All during my client appointments he was be-bopping the day away, a little kick here, a little bump there. It was awesome! He really got the party started after lunch. I love it!

M's not here to take the bump picture, so I'll post something this weekend. But I am quite certain it's noticeable now. Sure, some folks still think I just look "thicker" as one (gay male) client said today. (you'd think he would have been a little more sensitive, huh?) But at the right angle and in the right clothes, it's quite clear to the non-idiots of the world that I'm pregnant. Yay!

So things are getting really fun now.

No comments: