Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Week 23: Almost 6 months!

Tomorrow marks the beginning of my 23rd week. I can't believe how fast the weeks are going now. Next week I'll officially be 6 months into this journey. (Well, depending on which reference material you read... I am starting my 6th month now according to What to Expect When You're Expecting. But I go by the old math formula-- 4 weeks in a month)

Anyways. M and I were just saying tonight that we can't believe how each week flies by now. I guess when we're not stressing about every single week and just making it to week 13 (getting out of the first scary/worrisome trimester), or to week 18 (to get the ultrasound) or to week 20 (to hit the halfway point).... it's just easier.

The other corner I'm rounding is public knowledge. Depending on what I wear, it's fairly obvious to most folks (particularly women who have had children) that I am pregnant. Yesterday I walked into a partner's office and the first thing she said was, "I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats!" (wearing an empire waist dress that IMO is actually kinda flattering, not fattening). But today I walked into another client's office who had no clue. As we were ending our meeting, it came up and she was surprised. But she also does not have kids, as the partner does.

So I think I am still a bit on the cusp. I also think it depends on the time of day. One of these days I will post comparative shots so you can judge for yourself between morning belly and evening belly. Evening belly is definitely unmistakable. Morning belly is like, "uh... kinda ..... you could be, are you?"

I'll let you be the judge of that. For reference and just coolness, this is a depiction of what's going on inside my belly:

For reference, babycenter.org says that during week 23 he will be more than 11 inches long and weigh just over a pound. Cool huh!

ps- In case you are wondering, I am doing better getting over the weight gain part. And because you probably want to know, I've gained 16 lbs. Not terrible for 23 weeks, not at all.

No comments: