Monday, August 27, 2007

One more week

I could blame it on the pregnancy, but really it's not about that. For the past month or so, I've been feeling really burned out at work. I've only been at this job for 13 months, so it's not really justifiable in the length sense. But for some reason (and I never thought I'd feel like this) I don't feel like I'm ever really challenged at this job. Sure, getting the work done is time consuming, but it never stretches my brain the way that the practice of law used to. On the other hand, I used to hate that I was so mentally exhausted by work, in addition to the long hours. So I can't tell which is worse. All I know is that I have one more week, really 4 more days of work plus an extra day, before I can get away from it all for at least one week.
M & I are spending a week in Canada visiting family, his father's grave in WAY northern Ontario (like 6.5 hours north of Toronto, no joke), and surprising his grandmother on her 80th birthday. We'll be all over the place from Toronto and northern Ontario to way out east in Halifax (Nova Scotia)... and it'll be hectic. But I'm so looking forward to it. One whole week of being away from reminders of the miscarriage, of not doing chores around the house, about not worrying about what's for dinner or taking the garbage out or the stack of dishes I hate to do during the week when M is gone on a trip. A whole week of semi-vacation. (It's not really vacation unless we go somewhere of our choosing like Greece or Thailand or something... family visits don't count :-)
Hopefully when we return, I'll be rested and ready to tackle the insanity that Fall always brings in this job. Hopefully I'll give two shits about my numbers, performance measures and revenue.

5 more days.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool! Take lots of pictures!

-bt