Friday, December 7, 2007

I am however thankul for.....

My good friends.

After the last post, I had to run out to an appointment. I listened to R's voicemail on the way and felt warm fuzzies. At the very least I have REALLY. AWESOME. FRIENDS.

I have decided that I am not going to plan the next social engagement and allow myself to think, "well what if I'm pregnant?" Because chances are, I won't be. So we're booking our Tapis Rouge tickets to Kooza (which I was putting off because I didnt want to pay for VIP with drinks if I couldn't drink), I'm gonna start looking at a vacation for us before M leaves his airline, etc. And I am not going to let myself think about contingencies. (or I will at least try). Fuck it.

I am going to visit R in Jan, I've got a work trip in Phoenix in Feb, followed by a wedding in Savannah that weekend and I've got a bachelorette in Vegas in May (not to mention 2 weddings in Hawaii in August and October)---all of which will include a fairly high level of drinking, as usual. So I'm jumping in. With both feet.

I'm not saying TTC isnt going to cross my mind. Just telling M today that I'm not pregnant *again* brought on the waterworks. But I resolve (possibly a new year's resolution) not to let it be the only thing on my mind. Which is why I can't chart anymore. It's a constant reminder of what is not happening.

No comments: