Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I like homework, well kinda...

My acupuncturist tricked me. She's a smart lady.

Remember the homework I mentioned? Well, turns out soaking your feet in a lavender bath for 15 minutes is never really just 15 minutes. Rather, it turns into about an hour of decadent relaxation while I drink a glass of wine and read my latest favorite book. Afterwards my feet feel like butter, callouses have melted away, then I put on my new self-birthday present (I know cliche, but damn there's a reason everyone love 'em) and I literally have Happy Feet.

See, in my first session intake, she asked me all kinds of questions. I must have been clearly buzzing with adrenaline (I did drive like 90mph to get there on time because I ran late at a client meeting). Still, she asked me about the typical stress stuff--how much sleep are you getting, do you sleep well (and like BT I was having trouble remembering the last time I made it past the 5 am mark in at least a week), are you exercising (not really), etc. And after my session when she gave me my "homework," she said, "Now I know 15 minutes sounds like alot," (it did) "but see if you can swing it."

I'm swingin' it baby. I put all my phones on silent, put the crackberry on Quiet, turn off the TV and just chill. And it's totally working.

I've also started listening to new and more music. I finally made time to download some new music to the ole iPod, burned some new CDs for the car, and that's working too.

Result? I'm sleeping through the night. I actually want to go to the gym. And when I do I remember why I actually *like* going. Not only so I can eat and still fit into my clothes, but also because when I leave I feel so much better, less stressed, happier.

This weekend I am far less likely to freak out on poor M. And bonus, I haven't been pissed about not being pregnant for at least 4 days (coincidentally since i had the acunpuncture on Monday).

So, I like homework.

No comments: