Monday, December 17, 2007

Oh, and more stuff done over the birthday weekend too, bonus!

I'm also thrilled that M and I got our christmas cards done, christmas shopping done, and all the household chores completed (including one quick trip to the gym) over the weekend. Plus we had a lovely birthday dinner at BT's favorite restaurant* and attended a work holiday party.

I also want to send a shout out to the very special folks who made Friday birthday drinks work, thanks! I know how hard it is to get down the peninsula on a friday at 630pm (FYI, M is not in charge of planning social events anymore:-) And I will hold my tongue re: the couple of stinkers who did not make Saturday drinks even though they said they would. (seeing as how they dont read this blog, it's all good).

*Funny side note: M said that BT's hubby told him before dinner "be ready to stuff yourselves silly." The next morning, M says to me over breakfast & coffee--"Um, if that is stuffing yourself silly, I dont want to know what a normal meal is!" As much as we enjoyed the food, we were both starved by 7am.
The one bummer is that our waiter overcharged us $50 which was supposedly a "surcharge" on one of the dishes we did *not* order (and the surcharge wasn't printed on the menu), which we still haven't gotten reimbursed for. Arg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You amaze me. I have given up on the concept of Christmas presents and never did get around to starting the Christmas card trend. Some day...

As for the surcharge, how annoying. I'm totally ready to give up my favorite restaurant title if they don't handle that very well. Hopefully they will be very apologetic.

Anonymous said...

well this year we actually had some cool pics to send, so it worked out. last year we were in thailand until close to xmas, so it didnt work out. as for gifts, they're mostly for the kids :-)

The Enforcer said...

I SO missed your birthday! :( Damn!!

Hopefully, I can make up for it at the Sharks game. It'll be near M and Clip's birthdays too, so we can all celebrate! I like celebrating!

And I totally loved the Christmas card. Like BT, I've never jumped on board with that one either...

Hope you had a great B-day! Cheers!