Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ambition

This weekend M was scheduled to complete his initial operating experience (IOE) with VA so I planned to be very productive and get a lot of stuff done. Some of which included: finally sending the pregnancy announcement email to long-distancers (done), going through the mondo pile o'crap that has accumulated on our kitchen table and throughout the home office over the past few months (done) and reorganize the office (not done). My very long, 2-day to-do list was comprehensive and very ambitious. Sometimes that backfires on ya though. Gotta say. I felt busy all weekend and I still feel like I barely made a dent in my list. In fact, going through the house doing some "light" spring cleaning, I added at least 4 more projects to the list.

I've heard about this "nesting" business for pregnant women. But I honestly don't think that's what's going on. I'm itchin'. We haven't moved in over 2.5 years, which for us is literally a record. I think we've accumulated too much crap and I can't take it anymore.

Other than that, I had a fabulous weekend. Got good sleep, had a great walk and talk with BT (who pointed out that we collectively couldn't remember the last time just the two of us hung out, besides lunches), and generally got shit done around here. I love that. Now if only I felt that way about the rest of my to-do list...

Cheers! Have a great week.

No comments: