Thursday, March 20, 2008

Must catch up . . . .

I admit, I've been pretty lame on all blog fronts. I am actually not reading either of the two current reads anymore. Dumped them both. I have not posted in almost a week. And for some strange reason I haven't gotten up the motivation to even send out the baby announcement to the far-flung friends and family yet. Well, ok, we just did far-flung family yesterday. I feel terrible that we haven't shared the news! Last time we were busting at the seams. This time I almost feel like we've waited this long, might as well wait until we know the sex!

I vow to get it done this weekend. Maybe we'll throw in a belly shot with the ultrasound on our announcement to make up for the fact that we've been so lame in telling people.

At some point an announcement will be moot since I'll be showing. But it's mostly for the folks we don't see for distance reasons. Most everyone locally knows (i think?).

As for updates on the baby: The baby's heartbeat is very strong and now I can tell where on my stomach we'll pick it up. We used to have to hunt around for it and push on my belly pretty hard to get a signal. Now we could probably get one without even using the ultrasound jelly. So that's pretty cool. Whenever we feel curious as to what's going on in there, we just slap that Doppler on and give it a listen. Awesome investment.

The other day I thought I felt the baby because I pushed on my uterus and felt a hard bump. I was so excited, like "yeah! i got the head or butt or something!" But then at my dr. appt on Monday I asked her what that might have been and she asked, "well, did you need to pee?" Me: "yes." Dr: "did you go?" Me: "yes." Dr: "and did the bump dissipate?" Me: "yes, but i thought the baby just moved or something." Dr: "Oh, that was just your bladder that you felt. Sometimes it feels hard because it's so smashed up against your uterus." Damn. Wrong again.

I'm so anxious to finally feel pregnant. Get a discernible baby bump. Feel a kick. Something! But for now, we are happy to hear the heartbeat. But certainly anxious to find out the sex in 3 weeks!

Any bets? Guesses? Inklings? Send them along!

1 comment:

Miss E. said...

You think that's bad, I haven't posted all year. I feel so disconnected from y'all. When do we have sober girlz night? I have to take that TB antibiotics series that goes for nine months and I can't drink, so you won't have to feel bad!