Tuesday, June 3, 2008

bye bye! see ya in a few months (i hope)

About 3 weeks ago I finally noticed what must have been happening for some time, the temporary disappearance of my belly button. I pointed it out to M, who exclaimed, "nuh-uh?! Let me see! . . . . dude, that is crazy!"

It's true, it is crazy. I (normally) have a very deep bellybutton. And now the tan insides of my bellybutton (which also prove that I'm not insane and that I was tanner when I was younger) are coming out into the wide wide world and leveling out.

Tonight, while on the phone with BT, I instinctively felt my belly button and momentarily freaked out, thinking it was completely gone. Alas, it's still slightly inward. But in preparation for the inevitable, I say to you belly button "bye! have a good vacation and I look forward to seeing you when you get back."