Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A new high, low . . .or wherever the baby is at the moment

I'm wondering now--Is it possible for the baby to have grown so much that I can tell a difference in 2 days? It sure feels like it. Over the weekend I was starting to feel mildly uncomfortable after sitting for a length of time. But now that my boobs rest on my belly all the time, I find my upper back getting tired of sitting for as long as just a lunch with a friend. And crossing my legs? Fuggetaboutit. That was a talent that left me probably a month ago, I can't even remember.

I am beginning to think of new milestones now that I'm in the third trimester. For instance:
  • 30 weeks--because then I can assume/hope that I only have 10 weeks left. Plus, it's an even number; and like I said at the beginning of this journey, I like even numbers.
  • 32 weeks--because that's the next time we get to see our little guy in an ultrasound.
  • 35 weeks--because it's kind of an even number AND it means I only have (hopefully) 5 weeks left.
  • 38 weeks because then he's no longer "premature" in the dangerous sense.
My secret wish is that I don't gain more than 35 pounds. My original goal was 30 but now that it's become evident that I will be passing that number for sure.... I have made a new goal :-) These goals are, of course, completely arbitrary and I know that. But they have been a good reason for me to skip a night at Yumi Yogurt (oh butterscotch with Reese's PB cup chunks I miss you!) and choose a salad over a sandwich at lunch, so it's all good.

So, I have a week and a half to go until my next milestone--30 weeks. Woo hoo!

No comments: