Monday, June 2, 2008

Love the One You're With

Another great fast read by Emily Giffin. I've always found her writing style to be so easy and fluid, it takes no time at all to read them. This particular story is about a newlywed woman and her apparently perfect marriage. I like Emily because her background makes her content so much more relevant to me. She's an ex-litigator (practiced at Big Law in Manhattan) and then up and quit, moved to London and started writing. Now she lives in Atlanta with her husband and three boys. Very cool.

I think her background is also the reason why this story is so engaging. The husband is from a very visible family in Atlanta (much like BT's hubby) and is an attorney, the wife is a photographer. It's basically a journey that a lot of newlywed couples take and make and how she survives it on her own (and in her marriage).

I finished reading this one camping a couple weekends ago and it was a perfect read for a long weekend.

No comments: