Wednesday, July 9, 2008

9 1/2 weeks: So short but so long

Whenever I'm feeling uncomfortable, huge, cumbersome, tired, fat or achy (which is a lot these days), I keep telling myself, "It's only 9 1/2 more weeks." Sometimes that makes me feel better, I've already made it over 30 weeks now. I can hang in there for 9 more weeks. (my weeks turn each Friday).

But then I think, "man, he's due in September and it's only JULY." And it's been a hot June and July (for the most part). I still have to make it through the rest of this month and all of August and then part of September as well (unless he decides to come early). When I think about that, it seems so long.

So it makes sense to me why I'm caring less about going to my firms for standing appointments (when I may or may not have a meeting with a client, it's a walk-in basis) and why I'm not being as hard core about forcing myself to go to the gym if I'm hot and/or tired. Indeed, I am gaining more weight than I wanted to. But who ever wants to gain this much weight in this short of time? Besides, at this point, all I can really do is try to stave off any surplus gain, which is just a few pounds. Meh. I'd rather go balls to the wall after he's born than deny myself the comforts of cold foods right now (decaf iced latte, lemonade, yogurt, milk w/Ovaltine), especially since I can't chill with a nice glass of Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc or even an iced cold beer to help beat the heat. :-)

Here's to hoping that July and August fly by! I can deal with 10 days or 2 weeks of serious discomfort in September as long as I'm not working. But trying to drag me, baby and all my crap around the City through July and August for work, especially in this heat, is something I WILL NOT miss in the least!

Stay cool this week everyone! Enjoy a nice glass of wine or a cold beer for me please!

No comments: