Monday, July 14, 2008

The honeymoon is over my friends

I guess cliches are cliches because they are so true. At some point during the third trimester (I have heard) every pregnant woman decides enough is enough. I'm almost there. I dont want to committ to saying I'm 100% there yet, because I am certain there is much worse I will endure before the boy arrives. But I am over it. Finito. Done. Cooked. Stick a fork in me, I am d-o-n-e. I am actually looking forward to labor and delivery if it means I will be able to push our baby in a stroller in front of me rather than strapped ON me.

A little less than 9 weeks to go and DAMN does that sound like a long time. I'm already dreaming about looking for an easy 5 or 10k to sign up for in Feb/March as my goal. (haven't decided if I'll push him with me or leave him with dad during the race). And maybe even a summer half marathon. I've already calculated in my head how much time it would reasonably take to lose the weight I've gained (and the few I had when I found out I was pregnant). And I've just started considering when I'll have the courage to drag my fancy jeans out of the garage and attempt to put them on for the first time. (the jeans I bought in Vancouver just 2 days before I found out I was pregnant!)

Things I am looking forward to are: sushi, wine, a diet (believe it or not) that doesn't include milk & ovaltine almost every day and probably about 80% less cereal than I'm currently consuming. I'm looking forward to SLEEPING ON MY STOMACH!! Not having my breasts shoved up by my engorged belly, seeing my bikini line (no matter how chubby it may be), tying my shoes with my feet right in front of me (rather than sitting with ankle on opposite knee and tying the laces on the sides). Not having to grasp the headboard to pull myself out of bed 6 times a night to pee. Giving two shits about picking something up off the ground that fell or I dropped (rather than waiting till M is around to ask him to do it).

There are so many other things... of course, most of all I am looking forward to meeting our little baby boy... to see his little face after wondering what he's going to look like, be like, etc all these months.

But, I will be *very* happy to be one single person again rather than a walking (or more accurately, waddling) incubator.

No comments: