Thursday, July 3, 2008

Unpatriotic?

I don't know why, but for some reason we seem to be the only people on the planet without 4th of July plans. Most people we know are either [1] on vacation/out of town or [2] spending the weekend with family. It didn't even occur to either one of us to make plans. Huh.

Sure, we could drive up to Sac-town and visit the folks, see some fireworks, eat some BBQ. But I just hung out with my mom all last weekend, which was totally fine and a good time.... not to mention that I don't really want to spend $100 on gas driving there and back just to say we did something on 4th of July. Then there's fireworks options locally, but anyone who lives here knows that fireworks in the City, and quite possibly in Pacifica, are just going to create brightly lit fog. Meh. So, I don't even know if we'll end up watching fireworks tomorrow unless they are outside our house. (which, like BT is experiencing, is quite possible given our neighborhood's love of cohetes).

I wouldn't say I'm feeling particularly unpatriotic... but it does seem a little odd not to even be bothered to think about celebrating our national holiday. Seriously, the only thing I have planned is to sleep in, go work out and see if M feels like cleaning out the garage this weekend. (hey, he's been seriously motivated for some DIY projects 'round the house lately, so it's totally possible he'd be up for it)

Maybe we'll go get a burger or something. That seems in keeping with the 4th of July spirit.

Happy 4th everyone!

2 comments:

The Enforcer said...

We totally skipped the brightly lit fog out in Alameda as well. Dunno what it is, but I'm so over fireworks and all of the fanfare of July 4th.

Meh. I'm with you on having no plans. It's currently after 11pm, I'm in my PJs and close to falling asleep on the couch. Damn, I'm all kinds of FUN! WHOOOP!

Arvay said...

I'm all about celebrating by eating. :)