Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In case you hadn't already heard . . .

My water broke last night aout 1045pm and I'm now in the hospital on bed rest. Because our baby is so early, not yet 34 weeks, they want me to bake him a little bit more before they induce. And as long as he's doing well and happy in there--good heart rate, no distress, he will stay inside for another 48 hours. Until then, as long as I dont have contractions, I am instructed to lay down (Doc was not happy to see me sitting up and on my laptop) and just chill out.

Right now all is well. M and I are trying not to think about any bad things that could happen to him once he's here. We are hoping and sending good vibes to him that he's healthy, at a good weight (he's roughly 5 or so lbs now) and can breathe on his own or with little help so he can stay at the hospital with me. If he has to be intubated, he will have to get transferred to CPMC in SF, which would suck.

There is a high likelihood that he will be in the NICU for a couple weeks until he gets to 36 weeks. But if he's anything like his dad, who was a super-sick preemie, he will be a fighter and prove everyone how amazing he can be and go home with us.

So for now, all is ok here. I am having small contractions but I dont feel them yet and I'm not progressing, which is good. The longer he cooks inside, the better. The only bummer is that hospital food is like airplane food...ick. So M is going to make a grocery run today and get some actually-ripe fruit and food stuff for us both.

Thanks to G&M for the gorgeous flowers!! They smell so good and were such a beautiful surprise. Thanks to all of our amazing friends for your support, well wishes and early congrats. Hopefully we will be able to send/post pics by early next week!

Cheers!

5 comments:

The Enforcer said...

Holy cow! I am shocked, but happy to hear that you and the little one are doing well. Best wishes for a healthy and strong Baby Boy Dixon!! BTW, have you settled on a name yet? ;)

Congrats from DJC and I. Love you.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and I'm sending you my best wishes for a pleasant finishing cycle for the bun in the oven, a quick labor, a healthy boy, and a celebratory family!

-bt

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that we're thinking about you! So glad to hear that you're all doing well...now listen to your doctor, and rest! :-)

xoxo, Steph and John

lucky_girl said...

Thanks ladies for all the kind words of support and love! It really means a lot to us that everyone has been so wonderful so far. News to come as it happens!

Arvay said...

Hope things go smoothly! I'll be thinking warm thoughts for you!