Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Trying to be good

This week I've made a concerted effort to be good. Monday, the official holiday, I worked on tons of home and work admin that had piled up in the winter melee (otherwise known as the period of time I didn't want to work hard and went skiing instead). And as much as I hated it, I tackled a *ginormous* pile of dishes that had stacked up over the weekend so M wouldn't have to face it when he got home. Tuesday, I canceled an appointment that was going to be fruitless and stayed in the office and got tons of stuff done. It's been a long time since I cleared that much off my desk.

So... why oh why can't I drag my tired ass to the gym? Instead I drag M out for a good ole' juicy cheeseburger with (shared) fries and a (shared) chocolate shake. It's like I'm doing Christmas-post holiday diet in reverse. I was doing great before Christmas... felt great, was at a comfortable weight and working out decently. Even went on an awesome bike ride with M on Christmas Day while the turkey was cooking. But ever since then, my activity level has... shall we say "leveled off."

I promise to go to spin tomorrow. Really.

1 comment:

The Enforcer said...

Tonight, I ate a broccoli and cheese quiche with a carrot and raisin muffin. There was also a green salad and a fruit salad included in the meal. I ate WAY too much and have had little to NO time to work out lately. I feel puffy. It sucks.

I share your pain. Now, let's share that cheeseburger! =)