Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The wrap-up: Girls' Frivolo, Fondue & 2008 Book Exchange

So, this is starting to be an annual thing I'm hosting. I'm hoping to keep it up because I think it's a great chance for all my closest women friends to get together over wine and brunch and catch-up, exchange books, and basically have a henfest. This year's turnout was almost double last year's and lemme tell ya, you could feel it in our teeny tiny house.

Lessons learned?

1. Do not make fondue for the first time in a small house for 13 people
2. If you are foolish enough to do so, prep all the dipping items the night before
3. If you don't prep the dipping items the night before, prep some appetizers for the ladies to eat whilst waiting almost 90 minutes for the fondue to make its first appearance.
4. Have the party in a bigger venue

I'm hopeful that for the 2009 Book Exchange we are in our own house (not our current rented one). I know we will be looking for a house that has good entertaining space because we love to entertain. So if that happens, I'll be able to continue to add names to the Evite.

I had a fabulous time! I hope everyone else did. Even though our book selection was lighter than last year and a few had to leave before we actually exchanged books.

I think next year I'll stick to more traditional brunch fare like last year--quiche or baked eggs and my raspberry bread pudding (although I might try this refined version of it). BT's ebelskivers were a big hit too, so maybe I'll get myself an ebelskiver pan and make those too. And more champagne next year!

Happy reading in 2008 ladies! Save your books for next year's exchange!

No comments: