Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I also heart BC

I wish I had remembered to bring the cord that connects our camera to this computer. Cuz damn, this place is awesome and you should see it. We arrived in Vancouver on January 1, 2008 (yeah baby!), spent a day and half there, ate well at my new local favorite restaurant (I'm sure next time we come back I'll have new favs), and today we drove up to Whistler, BC.

Once again, I heart Canada. This time, I particularly heart British Columbia. I could seriously live here. And to be honest, we most likely will at some point. Vancouver is so West Coast-minded, it's ridiculous. More so than the Peninsula. Garbage bags in the City are made of biodegradable materials. All of the taxis are Prius hybrids. And there are TONS of Asians of all sorts. I would never be deprived of my comfort foods like Pho, udon and hot soba. Nor would I miss the charming broken English of my Japanese and Vietnamese servers. There's more Korean than we have close to our current house. Best dolmas I've had since we ate with BT and hubby a few weeks ago. The best hummus EVAR. It's ridiculous. AND and up-and-coming wine industry. Hells to the yeah.

Now we are in Whistler. And despite the fact that our porter dropped my beloved laptop in the snow when he unloaded our car (GASP!), I heart this hotel and our room!! This place is insanely perfect. It has an iHome deck in our loft/bedroom upstairs so we can blast our favorite music while drinking some local BC wines we picked up at Liberty Wines (recommended by our waiter at RainCity Grill last night) and reading my latest book. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

I am seriously in heaven right now. Today's agenda? Chill over breakfast over Dutch pancakes, take a bathtub-sized ferry to Granville Island,


grab lunch at Granville Public Market (of said hummus, dolmas, fresh french baguette)


And drive up to Whistler with M after a long, leisurely walk along the beach of English Bay. I heart British Columbia*.

*Even though I despise the British dude I saw at lunch yesterday eating a bento box with a FORK AND KNIFE and then finish off the meal PICKING THE CRAP OUT OF THIS TEETH WITH HIS UNUSED CHOPSTICKS. Sick.*

I will definitely share pics when I get home. You must come here with us next time. It is amazing. GOOD food, lovely wine, amazing views. Oh wait, you'll just have to visit us when we MOVE HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNEW IT!

I knew you'd love it. I loved it, but part of why I loved it was because it had all sorts of stuff that people I love, love.

Not that I wanna get rid of you, but if you are going to move, move quick. I imagine there will be a serious Canadian exodus in the coming years...