Monday, February 18, 2008

Drum roll please......

After a long hiatus, I am happy to announce that M & I are expecting!

When I started this blog, it was an outlet for me to discuss my experiences during my first pregnancy. And after that pregnancy was unexpectedly cut short, I blogged about life after and many other things. Then the blog became public knowledge, which is great, but meant that I couldn't blog about my experiences during this pregnancy yet. So, for 3 months I've had to keep my big mouth shut about this pregnancy until M and I felt comfortable going public. It's so nice to finally be out!

I'm glad to report that I am almost past my first trimester, due in early September. And although I am not, and will never be until the baby is born, out of the woods completely, we are both excited to have seen the heartbeat on our first ultrasound a month ago and to have heard the heartbeat quite a few times on our Doppler since then.

Because these questions will inevitably come up... here are the facts:

  • I am 13 weeks along, starting my second trimester soon.

  • I am due September 7, 2008
  • We don't know the sex of the baby yet, won't until about 18-20 weeks, but yes we are planning to find out.

  • I'm extremely happy that I haven't gained too much weight, just 4 lbs. So if you see me anytime soon, I'll just look fatter, but not exactly pregnant.

  • I feel great. I had a couple of weeks in the first trimester when I felt a little queasy and definitely have more food aversions (no real cravings), but I've been feeling fantastic since about week 9.

With M in Miami for a month for training for Virgin America (a HUGE bummer), my appointment buddy has been BT. I'm so grateful for her support and willingness to make these appointments even though she's a second-year associate at Big Law and very busy. Not to mention she lives about 25 miles from my gyno. Thanks BT for always being there! I am so blessed to have you by my side.

No comments: