Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm goin' to Miami.. bienvenidos a Miami

I have been mighty lame about posting this week. Perhaps it's because I've been sick since Sunday. When you're sick, it's pretty much the same from day to day--sneeze, cough, flem. Sudafed, Kleenex and Mucinex. Nothin' anyone wants to read about, right? Or just plain ole lazy. Probably a combo of both. But maybe after a weekend visiting M in Miami I'll have more to blog about.

Even though I'm going to Miami (apparently folks think this is a cool destination) we don't have much planned. I'm totally planning to just hang out with M, see The Other Boleyn Girl, read, sleep in and eat out. It's going to be fabulous. I can't wait to see him! M desperately needs a mental break from training and physical removal from his extended-stay hotel prison. I know the feeling, it sounds a lot like studying for the bar. The pressure is enormous and the training materials are [1] organized so poorly because it's a start up airline and they haven't yet created their own training program so they are relying on Airbus' and [2] translated from French. And not well. So it's been rough for him.

I've got us booked in a nice room in the Grove (Coconut Grove). I don't know what the hell is going on in Miami this weekend, but a hotel anywhere near the beach was outrageous and/or completely booked, even in North Miami Beach continuing all the way up to Fort Lauderdale (we're talking $500/night for the cheap rooms). So I opted for the Grove. It's like Burlingame but tropical. Cute restaurants, bars, boutique shops and rich people. But they hang in South Beach too (which I loathe), so I'm glad not to be in that scene. Plus it's supposed to be cooler than normal and a chance of scattered showers, so I think we'll be happy we opted for the nicer, somewhat-inland hotel rather than the sketchy beachfront hotel.

So, have a wonderful weekend here! I hear it's going to rain pretty good. But I don't feel sorry for y'all staying here at home for two reasons: [1] We've had awesome weather here the past few days, even in the City and [2] Over the gorgeous holiday weekend we had a couple weeks ago when you all were having romantic weekends with your SO's, I was flyin' solo (it was a total "couples getaway-post-Valentine's-day-long weekend" holiday.)

Cheers! Perhaps more from Miami.... or at least upon my return.

No comments: